AVEMHS – Academics & Facilities
Special Educational Programmes Projects and Activities and Innovative teaching methods
- Dipti Vaidya : (Maths and Science):-
- Maths: Classroom activity while we start the lesson.
- Find the circumference of the circle and find the value of pie with the help of the thread.
- Radhika Sahasrabudhe and Prajakta Chitale : (German teacher):-
- Film festival, language exam conducted by Max Muller Bhavan , language games for vocabulary.
- Swapnal Patil : 9Maths and Science teacher):-
- Maths :- for chapters like Volume and Surface Area –Explaining edge faces and vertices using the blackboard, door, cardboard models (cone, frustrum )
- Science :- experiments , demonstrations, ceramic models and Quiz.
- Science Projects selected for various competitions.
- Maths –Ganit Olympiad
- Mithila Nimbalkar:(Marathi teacher):-
- Encourage students for reading, increasing vocabulary, story telling, discussions, debate etc.
- Jayashree Narayana: (English and History teacher):
- English :- extempore, role play, debate, students teaching small units; quiz, interaction for grammar sentences.
- History and Political Science:-Story telling, CD display, mock sessions etc.
- Sushama Mehendale :- (Sanskrit and Marathi teacher):
- Sanskrit: Listening Sanskrit stories on C.D and answering the one line questions for developing the habit of concentration and improving the listening skills.
- Anaya Apte :(English and History teacher):
- English: Extempore, explanation of topic by students so that it develops their public speaking skills.
- Sharon Samuel: (Science and Geography teacher):
- Science: Conducting simple experiments, quiz conducted in classroom.
- Geography: Use of Globe to explain map projection. Use of physical, political maps to explain identification of places.
- Geeta Kallur: (English and History teacher):-
- English : word building, snowball effect, Debate and Extempore for oratory skills
- History and Political Science: Mock parliament sessions, conducting class and school elections . co-relating to global issues.
- Elsamma Louis:(History and Geography teacher):
- Creating awareness among students about issues like global warming, different types of pollution and there remedial measures through Geography lessons.
- Neha Pradhan: (Maths and Science teacher):-
- Maths:- Using carp paper models to explain 3 D figures like cuboid, cube shaped cake boxes. Also it inculcates the 3R mantra in students’ i.e Reduce, Reuse and Recycle.
- Science:- Using power point presentations to explain lessons in Biology, visuals create more impact which is one of the main objectives taught in B.Ed.